Maybelline NY "FITme" Foundation & Concealer Review


Hey Lovelies!!

Hope you're all well :o)


I bought the New ('New' for us Aussies) Maybelline NY FITme Foundation and Concealer (as below) a few weeks ago and thought I would let you know what I think of them. I got number 235 in the Foundation and number 20 in the Concealer.




I featured them in my recent Favourites Video:



First off I'll say that I've been in love with the Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse (as below) for the past year or so and have been threw around 15 bottles of it haha! I am Medium - Pure Beige. I've been trying out different foundations during that time but hadn't found anything that I preferred over the Maybelline DLM. That's until I tried the FITme Foundation. 



I am one that doesn't want too much coverage - I want a foundation to have more coverage then say a tinted moisturiser but still look natural and flawless. I also like a dewy look rather than Matte (especially coming into Spring/Summer). I find that the Fit Me Foundation satisfies these requirements.

I wouldn't recommend it for people with oily skin - it's best on normal to dry. It's got a very lovely, light formula and it claims to allow your skin to breathe. It's also got a translucent base and lightweight pigments to highlight your skin's natural highs and lows. It's also got an SPF of 15. 

I found applying it with my fingers didn't work as well as using a foundation brush. 

The only downside with it is the bottle it comes in - it looks great! But to dispense the product is a bit of a hassle - I really like the pump dispenser of the Dream Liquid Mousse.  



The "FITme" name means that you should be able to find a shade (number) that best matches your skin tone. They have the relevant Concealer and Powder that matches with that Foundation Colour (number). I believe there are 18 foundation shades available but I've only seen up to 12 different shades in store in Australia.   


Pricing will vary wherever you source your Maybelline products but the average is around $18 for the 30ml bottle.

Here are some swatches (Number 235):


Blended:



________________________________________________________
  
In relation to the Concealer - it's fantastic! I always go a shade or two lighter than my foundation as I use it around my eye area. I got the number 20 in Sand. 



There are 6 different Shades available in Australia and the average price is $13 for 6.85ml. It's got a brush applicator which I really like.

Once again the formula is light and gives a natural coverage.

Here are some swatches (Number 20):


 Blended:


Thank you for reading and have a great day!

Be Inspired, 

MissTango2 
xoxo 

Instagram:  misstango2
Facebook:  misstango2

5 comments:

  1. Bought mine just a week ago, and I'm completely in love with it. So many Aussie stores have got it for $14 around where I live, so I'm considering stocking up on a few bottles :p

    xo Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi hun, I just wanted to ask, can this foundation easily get cakey?
    XO iAlanahBelle
    Check out my blog, www.iAlanahBelle.blogspot.com
    So glad to finally find a blogger from Melbourne I dont feel like the only one anymore.x (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Glitter Dreaming Oh that's wonderful!! Definitely stock up for that price!! :o)

    @iAlanahBelle Hi Alanah! No, I don't find it gets cakey at all which is good :o)
    Oh, great to see other bloggers from Australia! Yay! :o) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the Dream Liquid Mousse too and always find it to be on sale at Chemist Warehouse which is great!! I'll have to try FIT now too! Thanks for the post! www.jacqfrui.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The foundation has a pump dispenser in my country (Sweden) and it's really easy to get the right amount with it. Love this foundation! :) I've got the lightest shade and don't think any of their lightest concealer shades fit me :(

    ReplyDelete